Hiking top tips - Laser sailing star Nick Thompson shares his secrets
Top Hiking Tips with Steve Cockerill - Rooster Sailing - RYA Suzuki Dinghy Show 2017 - Sail Better
Hiking tips by Paul Goodison
Sailing Fitness - Warm up - with RYA and British Sailing Team Sports Scientist Tim Jones
The Cool Way to get race fit - Spend just 10 minutes a day on the hikingbench and notice a real difference in your hiking performance. You can improve your upper body strength at the same time by throwing a Swissball into the air and catching it whilst hiking.
Remember, good posture is really important to avoid long term injury and improve your sailing performance; practise good posture and it becomes a habit!
Don't take our word for it, check out some of the links below
Both of the above links have been provided with the kind permission of the RYA
Books and articles
- RYA Laser Handbook by Paul Goodison Click
- British Journal of Sports Medicine - Sailing and sports medicine: a literature review Click
- Hanging Out - Australian Sailing article by Ralph Skea Click
- Finn Gold Cup Chapter 10 - Interesting article on hiking by Frank Newton Click
- Smooth Sailing Overuse injuries in sailing and windsurfing By Tamara Mitchell Edited by Sally Longyear Click
- The New York Times - SAILING; Winter Is the Time to Set Stage for Smooth Going Click
- HIKING E-BOOK - How to make it hurt less....by Andrew Verdon Click